What was life like for a war reporter in World War II?
Primary school pupils are invited to go on a learning journey during SmartKids Asia that will cover history, English, photography and much more.
To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the fall of Singapore, young explorers will step into the shoes of a war reporter at The Straits Times Young Storymakers Camp, created by the team behind the broadsheet’s award-winning weekly magazine, Little Red Dot.
Enjoy up to 30% for
Early Bird registrations!
Click here to register now!
2-Day Programme highlights:
* Gain basic news reporting techniques taught by The Straits Times journalists;
* Learn what it takes to create engaging photographs;
* Experience the trauma and perils of war from the Changi War Trail;
* Understand war and occupation from the thoughtfully-designed galleries, engaging exhibits and personal artefacts at The Changi Museum;
* Capture unique photos as your child explores the underground bunkers at The Battlebox;
* Create a unique front page for their own newspaper in The Straits Times Newslab at SmartKids Asia; and
* Boost confidence and communication skills through hands-on engagement.
Dates: March 17 and 18
Time: 8am – 6pm
Participants: 9-12 years old
Terms & Conditions:
1. Every child that falls within the age of 9 to 12 years old in the year 2017, are welcome to participate.
2. Entrance fees apply for every registration.
3. The closing date for registration is on 10 March 2017. Tickets are sold on first-come-first-serve basis, while stocks last.
4. All successful registrants will receive an email confirmation within one week upon registration.
5. All parents are required to scan and send the endorsed waiver and indemnity form found in the email confirmation within one week of registration. Failure in the submission will be deemed as an invalid registration.
6. Final itinerary of the two-day camp will be furnished to the participants by 12 March 2017.
7. Strictly no refund is allowed for registrants who fail to attend either or both day(s) of the camp.
8. The details and itinerary of the two-day camp may be subject to change without prior notice.
9. The Organiser reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.